- Read More About:
- Gastric Sleeve Los Angeles
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots that are inserted into the bone. They provide a strong foundation for fixed or removable replacement teeth which are made to match your natural teeth as closely as possible.
Best Candidates for Dental Implants
Dental implants may be the best option for you if you are looking for permanent replacement teeth solutions. However, before you are considered a good candidate for this procedure, you must meet specific criteria, such as the following:
- You must have healthy gums.
- Your jawbones have already stopped growing or developing.
- You must have enough bone in your jaw to anchor the implants. People who have lost bone in their jaw must first have it rebuilt using special procedures before they can be considered for a dental implant procedure.
- You must be willing to take good care of your implants by flossing and brushing regularly. You must also commit to visiting your dentist regularly.
People who are not good candidates are:
- Young kids whose jawbones are still developing
- Heavy smokers
- Pregnant women
- People suffering from systemic problems or chronic diseases, such as hemophilia, uncontrolled diabetes, connective-tissue disease, and significant immune deficiencies
- People who are receiving or have received high-dose radiation treatments of the neck or head
People with missing teeth who are uncomfortable with dentures can consult their implant dentist in Sterling for more information.
Dental Implants Versus Dentures
Dental implants look, feel and act like natural teeth. So if you’re a long time user of dentures, you will be pleasantly surprised at how much more convenient and comfortable dental implants are. You’ll no longer worry about embarrassing scenarios like your dentures slipping out of your mouth while talking to someone or while eating. You’ll also be able to eat whatever you want as dental implants restore your full chewing power. There’s also no more need for special cleaning products or adhesives.
If you’re still unsure, an implant dentist in Sterling can assist you and explain in detail how dental implants work.
Visit at Facebook.